Why Should I Join the Chamber of Commerce?
Membership in the Chamber of Commerce offers many advantages which enhance business success, an edge not enjoyed by non-members. The purpose of the Chamber is to assist you as a business owner by providing valuable tools to help you grow your business.
As a Chamber member you have many business advantages including the following:
- You are now part of a network of local businesses with similar community interests and concerns and are able to interact with like-minded business owners and professionals.
- You are a member of a team with the goal of increasing global awareness of your community and its commerce, as well as your individual business or service. You can speak with a unified voice regarding community and business issues.
- You have a platform from which to express opinions and offer information to the public. Through the use of available technology you can broadcast your business or service both locally and globally.
- You have access to a public forum for community involvement, education, cultural activities, and public debate.
- You contribute to community pride by putting the community on display, promoting activities and events that present the chamber members as vibrant and involved.
- You have access and may contribute to the community calendar, which is used to disseminate information on community events, business meetings and items of interest to chamber members, as well as to the public.
- You are now listed in the Chamber’s powerful business directory for easy access to other members, but primarily to members of the public who may be looking for your business or service.
- You provide the public with a location where visitors can find information on the community and local businesses. Chamber members can utilize the headquarters for projects, business promotions, board meetings and various Chamber and business needs.
- You have full-time representation and full-time results.
- You have a "watchdog" protecting your interests politically and economically.
- You have access to the only recognized business support center in the community with online selling tools to increase your sales through the internet.
- You also have access to new technology which expands your web influence, your access to information, and your ability to communicate through the internet and the use of mobile devices. This is an important application in today's economy.